Stephen T. Redmon, PhD, JD
Yoga/Meditation Life Coach and Therapeutic Lawyer
Restorative/Gentle Yoga Teacher with Vinyasa Flow experience
(ERYT-200, RYT-500, YACEP at Kripalu)
iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation Trained Facilitator; Life Coach
(faith-based & evidence-based)
Attorney and Counselor at Law
(Comprehensive Law/Healing Law)
Yoga Distance Running Coach
Board of Directors, National Alliance of Mental Illness (2017-2020)
Founder, NOMDER YOGA
Certified Mediator and Alternate Dispute Resolution Facilitator; Boston Marathon Qualifier (2017).
Education and Training:
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-500 hour student), Kripalu, Stockbridge, MA, completion Nov. 2017.
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200 hour), Drishti Yoga Teacher Training Institute, Ashburn, VA. 2016.
- Holy Yoga Teacher (HYT-95 hour student), Holy Yoga, Moorehead, MN, completion Nov. 2017
- Warriors at Ease Certification, Teaching Yoga in Military Communities, Sivananda Ashram. Mar. 2017.
- iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation Authorized Trained Teacher, Integrative Restoration Institute. Feb. 2017.
- Mindful Resilience Teacher Certificate, Veterans Yoga Project, Mar. 2017.
- Black Yoga Teachers Alliance Conference, Kripalu Yoga Center, Stockbridge, MA. 2016 & planned 2017.
- Certificate in Positive Psychology Program, Kripalu Yoga Center, Stockbridge, MA. 2015-2016.
- Ph.D., Fielding Graduate University, Human and Organizational Systems, Santa Barbara, CA. 2013.
- LL.M., Pace University School of Law, Environmental Law, White Plains, NY. 2001.
- J.D., North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, NC. 1987.
- B.A., Colgate University, Sociology (major), Philosophy (minor), & Fine Arts (minor), Hamilton, NY. 1980.
- “UCLA” – University on the Corner of Lenox Avenue & Sugar Hill Battlegrounds Survivor, Harlem, NY. 1976.
Teaching, Coaching, and Facilitation Experience:
Facilitator, Embodied Positive Psychology Summit, May 2017. Led meditation and discussion on how to more effectively expand personal and professional connections and collaboration with others across cultural, ethnic, gender, and racial lines.
Yoga and Meditation Teacher, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Complimentary & Alternative Medicine Program, Awaiting starting date. Lead hatha yoga, restorative yoga, and iRest Yoga Nidra guided meditations for Veterans and family members with PTSD, CRS, MST, and other holistic health challenges.
Yoga and Meditation Teacher, VA Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships & Wellness Program, Feb. 2017–present. Lead hatha yoga, restorative yoga, and iRest Yoga Nidra guided meditations for VA employees during off-duty/break time to relieve stress and promote health and wellness.
Meditation Facilitator, Deepak Chopra Center for Wellbeing, Carlsbad, CA, Mar. 2017—present. Scheduled to lead Yoga Nidra guided meditation for Men’s Meditation Group, May 27, 2017.
Organizations (membership, affiliations, or collaborative partnerships): Integrative Restoration Institute; Wholebeing Institute; Warriors at Ease; VETOGA; Holy Yoga; Veterans Yoga Project; Wounded Warriors; Deepak Chopra Center; Black Yoga Teachers Alliance; Give Back Yoga Foundation; Sivananda Ashram; Yoga Alliance; Omega Institute; Yoga Service Council; National Museum of African American History and Culture.